Traumatic Birth Recovery 3 Step Programme
** I AM CURRENTLY SEEKING A CASE STUDY FOR MY TRAUMATIC BIRTH RECOVERY 3 STEP PROGRAMME PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION – IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED BIRTH OR PERINATAL TRAUMA AND WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION OR CONSENT TO BEING A CASE STUDY PARTICIPANT, PLEASE REACH OUT TO ME **
Birth and Perinatal Trauma
Research shows that 25-34% of birthing people and new parents describe their birth as traumatic and around 1.5-9% of parents develop PTSD after birth (pattch.org). If you are experiencing symptoms of trauma due to your birth or perinatal experience, I am so sorry. Please know that you are not alone, and that finding a way forward is possible.
Trauma is not only related to birth, it can also be experienced as a result of a fertility/IVF/conception/surrogacy journey, an abnormal diagnosis or medical concern with your baby, pregnancy loss or death of your baby, caring for your baby in the NICU, feeding your baby or adjusting to new life as a parent, and much more. If you feel ready to process your feelings about your birth or perinatal experience, the Traumatic Birth Recovery (TBR) 3 Step Programme can help you find a new way forward.
The Impact of Birth and Perinatal Trauma
Birth and perinatal trauma can significantly impact your emotions, thoughts, behavior, parenting, relationships and day to day life in may ways, including:
- Experiencing a heightened level of anxiety
- Constantly assessing potential threats around you (hypervigilance)
- Feelings or anger or irritation
- Difficulty bonding with your baby
- Experiencing relationship problems with your partner, family, friends or colleagues
- Not wanting to have a sexual relationship with your partner
- Finding it difficult to to cope day-to-day and are easily overwhelmed
- Creating rigid daily routines to achieve a sense of control
- Postnatal depression/anxiety/PTSD
- Experiencing flashbacks to and recurring thoughts about the event
- Emotional numbness, dissociation and detachment from your memory of the event, your feelings, or other people/activities
- Not wanting to have another baby even though you had previously planned to have more children
Whatever feelings or difficulties you are experiencing, I validate you and I am here to help.
The TBR 3 Step Programme
To support people who have experienced birth and perinatal trauma, I have undertaken training to become a TBR Practitioner, and I am looking for a case study participant to complete the TBR 3 Step Programme, without cost, as part of my certification process. If you are experiencing trauma symptoms as a result of your birth and feel ready to process your feelings about it, the TBR 3 Step Programme may be for you.
The TBR 3 Step Programme uses a safe, gentle and effective Neuro Linguistic Programming exercise called “Rewind” to help you re-process the memory of your birth, and to lift the emotions and heavy feelings. Most people who have completed the Programme report that they feel lighter, calmer, more relaxed and are able to live everyday life much more easily.
Session 1 – 90 minutes
Telling your birth story should you want to tell it (you don’t have to if you don’t want to) whilst being heard and validated. Understanding how it is still impacting your day to day life now and how you would like to feel if these feelings/ways of responding were lifted.
Session 2 – 60 minutes
Using the “Rewind” exercise to re-process the memory of your birth so it no longer holds any emotional charge or anxiety. Imagining your future free of difficult feelings whilst you are deeply relaxed.
Session 3 – 30 minutes
Checking back in to ensure that change has taken place. Focus on building your confidence and resilience so that you no longer feel like you are owned by what happened and are able to begin enjoying your life again.
The Programme will be carried out virtually, and involves 3 sessions – the first 2 sessions are scheduled one week apart, and the 3rd session is schedule between 10-14 days after the second.
Case Study Participant Requirements
- You have experienced a traumatic birth or perinatal experience (no less than 8 weeks ago) that continues to impact your thoughts, feelings, emotions or your day to day life, and you are ready and committed to process your feelings about what happened
- You do not suffer from epilepsy
- Prior to your traumatic birth or perinatal experience, you were in good mental and emotional health
- You are currently not experiencing psychosis or hallucinations
- You are available to commit to participating in all 3 sessions
- You have a secure internet connection, a device with access to video calling and have access to email to complete your intake form
- You have access to a distraction free, quiet environment for each session, where you will be undisturbed and can be hands free and lie/sit comfortably
- You can make a short time available to yourself after each session to hydrate and re-orient back to your day
If you are interested in being a case study participant, please do not hesitate to contact me via the “contact me” button below, or via email or text, so we can talk through your personal situation and book your sessions. If you would like to know more about the programme, please visit www.traumaticbirthrecovery.com
TBR Practitioners act as a guide or facilitator to your own healing path, they are not medical providers. They do not hold therapeutic qualifications and do not diagnose, or offer guidance on other mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorders or substance abuse. The TBR Programme is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider.