I am so sorry that you are here and are in need of my companioning support due to miscarriage. Whether you are experiencing signs of a first trimester miscarriage, a later gestation miscarriage up to 20 weeks, have learnt that you have had a silent/missed miscarriage or that your pregnancy will end prematurely and your baby will not survive, I truly am sorry. I validate you, your loss and your baby’s short life.
Miscarriage can be devastating, and the loss or grief you may feel is not any less valid or meaningful because your baby died earlier, rather than later in your pregnancy. Please know that you do not have to experience a miscarriage alone, I am here for you.
Knowing your birth options, making decisions, planning a funeral or memorial for your baby and continuing with everyday life can feel overwhelming and impossible when you are experiencing shock and grief. I am here to slow things down, to validate your feelings and to support you in your decision making.
As a miscarriage companion, there are so many ways in which I can provide you with informational, physical, emotional and advocate support during this life altering time. My companioning support is without cost.
How I Can Support You
- Recognizing trauma responses and how these may impact your ability to process information and make informed decisions.
- Slowing things down, listening to what you need and holding space for all of your feelings and emotions.
- Incorporating your belief system about death and other cultural or religious rituals into your expectations of care for your baby.
- Providing you with information and the time you need to make informed decisions about your care.
- Exploring your options and supporting your informed decision making in collaboration with your care provider.
- Supporting the needs of your partner and other signficant people in your life, as they navigate their own feelings whilst also being there for you.
- Supporting you to communicate the death of your baby to your loved ones.
- Helping you to pack a hospital bag and create a nurturing birth environment.
- Creating/adjusting your birth plan and supporting you in person, physically and emotionally during the birth of your baby, including at home, in the ER, clinic or hospital.
- Supporting you to welcome, spend time with and bond with baby.
- Creating a saline bath for your baby.
- Providing special wrap/pocket garments that can be used to dress your baby.
- Contacting a professional photographer to photograph your baby without cost.
- Ensuring your postpartum needs are met.
- Helping you to honor your baby and make memories and keepsakes.
- Supporting you to say goodbye to your baby and to plan a farewell ceremony, a funeral service or memorial.
- Linking you with resources and services in your community and online, who can support you as you take the difficult steps of living life after the loss of your baby.
- A listening session to enable you to debrief your experience, without retraumatization
- The 3 Step REWIND Programme to enable you to process trauma that may be impacting your life after the loss of your baby.
If you are experiencing early signs of a miscarriage, or have learned that you will miscarry, please text or call me on 813 203 4610 so that I can make arrangements to support you as soon as possible. If I do not answer your call, please leave a voicemail or text. You do not have to go through miscarriage on your own. I am here for you.
* I am a certified Stillbirthday Doula and PAILAdvocate and I work in community with @littlelikelawrence to honor your baby